Wednesday, July 16, 2014

I’m so excited about my newly revised “Goldie Socks” unit because it can be used in so many different ways in your classroom! If you have the book Goldie Socks and the Three Libearians, written by Jackie Mims Hopkins, this can be used as a Reading Workshop Unit to focus on picking “just right books.” In addition, if you love to work with any of the “Goldilocks And The Three Bears” stories or do a thematic unit on bears, this packet can keep you and your students busy for weeks! The contents are flexible to meet the individual needs of your classroom. Whether you want just a few days of fun or literature activities that span several weeks of school, this unit will work for you. I created a variety of foldables and activities to differentiate for each teacher’s wishes. Also included are a large variety of graphic organizers and printables for individual, group and whole class lessons. In addition, I have created anchor charts and printables with two different fonts, depending on your preferences and ages of your students. This variety is not meant as redundancy for your classroom, but rather as a way for you to differentiate your instruction for individual students or as a change of pace when you use this unit year after year. I never do all the activities in this unit with my class….there is too much! Each year I pick and choose what works for me. I like to try different activities at the beginning of each school year instead of doing the same thing year after year. This unit helps me do that with over 130 pages to choose from! I hope you enjoy it as much as I do!

http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Goldie-Socks-The-Three-Libearians-Goldilocks-The-Three-Bears-303928

No comments:

Post a Comment